Classroom Observation

Friday, 3rd August 2018

Hi, I'm back with another blog!  
I want to share some information about my classroom observation in Satit Bangna School. 


Well, First of all .. I want to tell you about the purpose of myself observing the class. Classroom observation is one of the part that I have to do in the SEA TEACHER program. The observation class is consist of which the observer will be sitting at the back of the classroom recording the instructor's / teacher's teaching practice and student actions, include meeting with the instructor to discuss on the observations. So to know what strategies we are doing next to be able to teach better and improve with classroom environment and to also input new ideas. 









For this week, I have observed two classes, Mattayom 1/1 and Mattayom 1/2. The class is led by Teacher Foo as their math teacher. After entering their class several times. I am able to know what's his name, his behaviour, nature , and the way he knowledges to a new idea.

The unique's thing are they having their full name with a  different nickname which is way different to their real full name, whereas i had to remember each of their names and nicknames that are quite difficult for me to remember.  

After making several observations, I concluded that Teacher Centered Learning is the method used by Mathematics Teacher's there. The method is a fairly good method used for teaching. Some of them can be drive to bored when they have to constantly pay attention to the teacher explaining on the lesson. Some even fall asleep in class.

Fortunately, Teacher Foo has a strategy to overcome it by creating group assignments so that they discuss together to do it and then do the problem on the whiteboard. 









So I have an idea to create a games that's relevent to the lessons. It'll crack up the boredom the students tend to faced in class. 

See you on the next blog ~ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orientation Day

School and Curriculum

Summary & Suggestion